View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 07:52 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: 2017-10-20 Underworld Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
but a small priced download on their store would work well me thinks....more bands should do that with their live recording, audio and video.
And here's the thing...back in the old days ( talking about early to mid 00's), Underworld used to post a fair amount of live, exclusive tracks for free, some prior to official release. And, the LiveHereNow series from 2007+ was an amazing record of the evolving setlist and included some really great live versions of rarer tracks at a reasonable price.

Tomorrow I turn 38. The way we consume music has changed a lot in my time. Much as I pine for those olden times, I think at this point, we are lucky that Rick and Karl are still occasionally producing music. Maybe one day, they'll release the floodgates of their live archives. But as someone who has over 100 bootlegs, there's only so many surprises and different versions. How many times do you need to hear NUXX? Yeah, I love those rare deep tracks, but they're rarer still post 2010. I'd much rather have studio archives and unreleased tracks at this point.