View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Sean
Where in the world...?

Re: Important Message About Sarah Palin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangelet View Post
Seriously though, being out of my country for a year or so and coming back, two things struck me.

1. The IQ slide. Every time without fail, I leave the states and come back I watch the average IQ slide down significantly. Its pretty alarming and I'm not sure why because americans aren't inherently dumb. Maybe its a combination of 0 curiosity about the world, diet of fast food, and the fact that they just don't read.

2. The men are extremely self aware about their gender. I mean even in Scotland men who play rugby wear skirts and say "wee" and its no issue. But in the states, you have to take the manliness truck and drive out into the wilderness of masculinity before anyone feels comfortable. The way men walk around, what they drive, what they wear, its all a very fastidious effort to not appear gay. And everyone knows that fastidiousness is, you know, kinda gay.
I've been spending a lot of time overseas lately too and in addition to agreeing with you on those two points, the third thing I'm consistantly struck by is American obesity. I always know when I'm getting on my connecting flight that's going to an American city because there are suddenly way more obese people boarding the plane. It's alarming.