View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 09:28 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: The Misterons Rowla/Cherry Jam
I mean, BF could have been (and probably should have been) a double cd.

I'm very much in the same situation as Holden, at first - I thought BF was perfect but with time, and the ability to hear the other stuff, I do see how it could have been improved.

Whenever I listen to the album on my iPod, I almost always swap out "Push Upstairs" for either the Darren Price Mix, or the 'Full Length of It' version, and 'Bruce Lee, Dobropet' either ends the album, or I place it after 'Skym' (but still include the album version of 'Bruce Lee'). [edit] oh, and of course, "Please Help Me" gets slotted in - I put it in after 'Kittens'

As far as alternate mixes / versions...
• I mean - on the promo, the sample at the end of KOS is over the intro beats of 'Winjer'

• On the "XFM Pirate Radio" dj set, 'Cups' has a considerable amount of added resonance and I don't think it transitions into "Pins" at all (but I think the repeated "Underworld" sample is just to 'watermark' the song, b/c it was a debut broadcast)

• I do think you have to consider the different edits of tracks too... I mean, just with "Push" you've got:
[info taken from -1's post]

push downstairs (album) 06:03 v, cd, cs, md
push upstairs (album) 04:34 v, cd, cs, md
push upstairs (darren price remix) 06:47 v, cd
push upstairs (the full length of it) 06:07 v, cd
push upstairs (the large unit) 05:38 v, cd
push upstairs (radio edit) 04:00 cd

plus the demo off the recent box set. I'd also point out, that it (along with 'King of Snake') went through some pretty significant changes (when played live) between '98 and '00.