View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 04:17 PM
negative1

Re: Dubnobasswithmyheadman: 20th Anniversary 5-CD Deluxe Boxset
after going through the boxset.
=================================
1) the booklet is fine, not sure why some people would think it doesn't fit in with theme.

i'm going to reframe it as a hardcover though, maybe add in some pages from the
mmm skyscraper

(you can get cheap copies here : http://www.amazon.com/Mmm-Skyscraper.../dp/1873968582 )

2) i don't mind that the boxset has yellow in it, it doesn't ruin anything for me. sure it
could be the original black and white, but its an artistic decision

3) the album remaster is very good, might have to get the bluray

4) the b-sides and remixes, have some previously unreleased vinyl tracks, and
better versions of some of the mixes, so it was nice to get those. some tracks did
have hiss and noise though.

5) the non album tracks are all great, and a nice treasure trove to listen to

6) the live jam again is excellent, and a great addition, however the sound quality
is subpar at times

about the noise/no noise.... i'm fine with lesser quality sounding tracks, and glitches etc.

but i also like having cleaner versions for my own person use, and listening. depending
on the mood i'm in, it doesn't bother me as much. in fact with several projects that i've
been doing, that has been the major motivation for them.

i'm all for preserving the originals, and will keep the boxset and tracks as is for reference.
but for most of my listening i can live with 'cleaner' versions of the tracks too.

despite the missing tracks, a couple of typos, and varying quality. i feel this is a very good
boxset, and appreciate all the missing and unreleased material on it.

great time to be a fan of the early underworld tracks. hope they can repeat this when they
do the 'second toughest infants' one.

later