View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 05:08 AM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: New York, Central Park reviews, pictures, movies, and more
Great pictures and reviews above!

This was my first UW live show as well, having waitied almost 5 years for them to come back to NY! Great venue and an awesome crowd of dirts and fans. Very nice to meet you, Lounger, Stimpee, The Bang and King of Snake!

I had a grin the entire time. Everyone around was totally into it. James Holden had a blippy-good opening set.

Loved seeing the boys give each other a pre-gig hug of support.

Karl came out in his gold jacket with the "no fear" guitar and a music stand where he read some poetry in praise of NYC before launching into Luetin. The flow was great, and the new songs (crocodile, a bass and vocoder-heavy Beautiful Burnout and glam bucket) sounded fantastic. Durin Glam Bucket, Rick was really into it, swinging his arms and urging Darren and Karl to just build that crashing crecendo!

When they started TMO and the baloons came up, the crows was going absolutely mental. And then Rowla, the balloons remained, but were green/blue and drenched in fog.

Just amazing! I tried to record it, but my lil mp3 player mic was overdriven. No matter...the memories remain! Thanks a million, Underworld!

Holden