View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 06:55 AM
froopy seal
amazinglytogetherpinniped

Send a message via ICQ to froopy seal
Re: universal health care sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
okay, now i just told deckard that i would play devil's advocate on another forum, but this is actually an issue i believe in.

i'm about to go to bed, but before i do, here are some brief points:

those that can afford health care get it for free on the backs of lower income taxpayers
Just some quick notes before I fall asleep: How do they get it "for free"? Don't those who "can afford health care" automatically support the system with their financial contributions? Over here in the old world, you're charged a fixed ratio of your income, i. e., if you earn more you pay more. (Sorry, I have no idea how the proposed US system of health care will be paid for.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
this is just a personal opinion; it goes against free market principle. it's communism. it's not the government's duty to take over an entire sector of the economy that could be paid for privately.
What about the people that have up to now been neglected, i. e., those poor bastards who can't afford medical assistance? There are sectors of the economy which even a capitalist SOCIAL market has to have available for everyone. Access to water, electricity, waste disposal are generally considered such services; shortly, broadband Internet access will be, too.

Your "argument" that "it's communism" sounds old-fashioned and dogmatic. Even if it were a communist system - which it isn't -, why would that automatically render the idea bad?