Here's the other two nights...

Night 2 (14th)

1. Unknown (Amnesia DNB)
2. Surreal Carnival / Lenne Penne
3. Unknown (Mosaic Confusion)
4. Witness / Billy Goat (Remix)
5. Downpipe (Dub)
6. Blue Bowler

0:00-6:16 Bubbly drum and bass track with some old school hatwork and the "amnesia" vocal loop over it. Recording cuts out once or twice during it, fades are clean though.

6:16-11:50 Mostly the same as before.

11:50-21:14 Begins with a reprise of the Amnesia vocals on delay. Mostly the same as before.

21:14-32:15 Starting to think Witness and Billy Goat (Remix) are a proper sequence like Shudder / King of Snake. Witness is still the same. Billy Goat (Remix) differs significantly from the last performance, and this time the outro segues into breakbeats (which are mostly adapted from the Pearl's Girl pattern, but with other elements I can't place) that eventually fade into reverb.

32:15-41:49 Dub mix of Downpipe with Japanese vocals similar to Rick's Bungalow with Stairs work, and Karl's vocoded breakdown lyrics. Begins with a looping 'heavenly' pad and ends on the breakdown build synthline long and drawn out.

41:49-51:49 Blue Bowler, mostly the same as before.

Night 3 (15th)

1. One Turned In (Rick Smith's Version)
2. Unknown (Cars)
3. Confusion The Waitress
4. Unknown (Not Quite Nimbey Boing Pop)
5. Unknown (All The Birds)
6. Surreal Carnival / Lenne Penne
7. Blue Bowler
8. Downpipe

0:00-8:56 Didn't compare closely, seems to be mostly the same as last time.

8:56-18:50 Didn't compare closely, seems to be mostly the same as last time. Ends on a modulating delay.

18:50-25:30 Actual Confusion the Waitress this time! Rick takes his time on the intro, no vocals are used, and there's a fair amount of new synthwork in the outro. Reminiscent of the 1996 European Club Gig performance.

25:30-29:07 Segueing cleanly out of Confusion we have an outro that sounds a little like Nimbey Boing Pop, or one of those minimal bridge tracks they played occasionally in 2008 sets. Elements of Confusion carry on along with it but the song never fully returns, and the section ends on a looping pad (which I think is from a Beaucoup Fish era track, but I can't place it, also sounds eerily similar to the intro of Ignition by Paul Hartnoll).

29:07-35:25 Slow minimal style house track with lots of pitch tom hits and lyrics from Karl that I don't recognize. Karl's lyrics and singing sound a bit like Barking era song writing, Boy Boy Boy, or even their Mk1 material - less abstract than usual. Doesn't appear in the other two sets.

35:25-41:28 Surreal Carnival / Lenne Penne again, this time with a different introduction (comes a little abrupty out of the last track). Mostly the same as last time.

41:28-50:26 Blue Bowler, a little faster on the uptake this time but mostly the same.

50:26-59:05 Downpipe, pretty much exactly the same as last time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3 View Post
It's Nina Nastasia, the track is 'One Turned in'.
I believe Rick planned to work with her on some new music a few years ago ...
Good catch. I recognize her voice now. Rick played The Matter (Of Our Discussion) in one of their radio shows years ago. The song still haunts me.

Last edited by WhiteNoise; 04-26-2017 at 12:23 PM.