View Single Post
Old 03-07-2015, 09:23 AM
skyscraper101
river

Re: 2015-03-06 London - Hyde and Price
This is why I'm generally not all that enthusiastic about the whole of dubnobass being played from begining to end.. there are tracks fro this album which just don't work in big venues. Tongue, and River of Bass are the obvious examples. I thought M.E. was pretty good but the audience were too loud and pissed up to make it enjoyable.

It would be enough to do the tour in honour of the 20th anniversary and play the biggest tracks but swap those slower numbers out for a couple of classics from second toughest or beaucoup fish.

Then the fact that every track sounds exactly as it does on the album removes much of what I loved Underworld's live shows for... the tweaking and experimenting with effects and delays and tempos in the stems, the seamless blending of tunes together, the overall manipulation which set every night separately apart. Rick not being there just dampened the overall effect. Darren did ok like, but he's not one to take the limelight or do anything interesting with the music. It's not his to mess about with anyway.

Personally I hope they'll get back to playing more of the better tracks from all the first three albums, and start mixing it up a bit more on stage. I want to see a live show, not a playback with live vocals.