View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 06:15 AM
BeautifulBurnout
MadMinistrator

Re: Not another Nuxx thread, surely?
Quote:
Originally Posted by big screen satellite
thats why i hate bs nuxx live...

i was at the knebworth gig last year and the bloke next to me asked me three times if the track playing was born slippy, each time he was wrong, eventually when the track did come on he only recognised it from the pianos and mainly sung the 'lager lager lager' bit - n00b
Yeah, but to be fair, the tent was jammed full of Sasha and Digweed fans, who had been playing for the previous 3 hours. No surprise that you were standing next to a n00b - I had two blokes standing next to me who spent the whole of the gig blathering on about what they had done the weekend before and what they were doing the weekend after. Waste of valuable UW fan space, imo
Quote:
sadly a large majority of ppl only know underworld for this one track by name, when i say who's my favoruite band i would like to say, you know, 'moaner', 'juanita', 'dubnobass'... sadly i have to go 'born slippy' and if they don't recall from that i have to go - the song that goes lager lager lager...

i don't hate the track per se, but in a kind of snobbish fanboy way, i want to educate people into better more subtle underworld tracks....

the other issue is that BS nuxx was never on an album and as such, ppl only bought the single and never really went to to buy dubno / stiti because it didn't have that track on it... it is an epic anthem, but its overplayed over hyped and i could enjoy a uw live show more if bs nuxx wasn't going to be played!

not gonna happen i know
True - I don't think it would reasonable to expect the band to play a gig without their biggest hit in it though. Unless of course they were going to do a special invitation-only gig for us lot.

But I still get a buzz from the crowd reaction every time, even though NUXX is not my fave number by a long chalk.