View Single Post
Old 02-12-2015, 08:58 AM
cdave2
dancin' fool

Re: Underworld cover 'Baby Wants To Ride'
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Snake View Post
Never imagined Elton John to be an Underworld fan too
So is Barry Manilow. His music isn't to my taste, but I like the guy.

Loved the snippet I heard and am so proud of the guys for doing this. That's my band!

I admit that I'm a transplanted Chicagoan; I wasn't here during the original house era. But one of my fondest memories is from the summer after I arrived, when the city invited Knuckles to DJ as part of their free outdoor dancing series in the Loop - even having Mayor Daley officially declare the occasion Frankie Knuckles Day. I rushed over after work and had barely reached the dance floor when a fellow I'd never seen before in my life wandered past with a "Wanna dance?"...and we didn't stop for the rest of the night. He gave me a history of sorts, pointing out figures such as Jamie Principle hanging out next on Frankie on stage, trading old-skool moves ("remember this one?") with the guy next to us, joining in a "Music Box! Music Box!" chorus of regulars paying tribute to their favorite club. Wish I could remember his name because it was the most joyous welcome to Chicago I could have had.

It embodied the ideal of people from all classes and races coming together to celebrate the joy of music and dancing. Underworld share that spirit; that's why I love them so and why this tribute is so appropriate.

Okay, enough sentimental mush - get back to dancing, ya suckers!