View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 12:37 PM
34958hq439-qjw9v5jq298v5j
blue

Re: 230605 - 18 minute unedited Silver Boots/Yard Beat/Push Upstairs jam
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
This is exactly what was played on the 2006-05-13 Lemonworld radio broadcast (tracks 5-7), so I'm a bit disappointed that this isn't something new. I guess I didn't realize that they weren't playing it out live on the radio show, but rather playing back this rehearsal which had been recorded nearly a year earlier.
actually I'll have to play these side by side cuz I thought it was different than the version I had but listening again I think it's probably the same. this one's definitely better quality though, which is why I'd love a download

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouri View Post
This mix just reminds me of how fertile the RiverRun/Oblivion period was for Underworld. They'd successfully transitioned out of their 90s sound and into something wholly unique but still indelibly Underworld. I don't think they've sounded so strong since -- but in time the Drift series may prove to be a similar exercise, with Barbara Barbara serving as the kind of transition work that AHDO was.
agreed - I thought OWB was a fantastic album, and I loved the Riverrun stuff, plus all the unreleased stuff like this, "You Do Scribble", "Bamboo", and a personal favorite "Swing Up High" (anyone remember that one?). that Tokyo live set pretty much confirmed to me that they were at 100% strength.

that said...IMO Underworld's had three peaks, one is 93-96, another is 05-07, and the 3rd is happening right now. I've been listening to a LOT of Underworld this year and I keep wanting to come back to the new stuff