View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 02:16 PM
surfboy
surfboy

While we wait for Drift Series 2...
Hi!

While we wait for Drift series 2 to come out, I thought it might be nice for us to discuss some of the highlights from series 1. Feel free to share your thoughts but if you're struggling to get started it would be interesting to hear what everyone's opinion on:

- Favourite "single" of: Dust, Atom, Heart, Space, and Game (and why?)
- Overall favourite track?
- Choice of underrated tracks?
- Which track you would most like to see revisited (either live, remixed, extended, etc.)
- Anything else you want to mention!

Thanks and have a good Christmas/festive period everyone!

- MY ANSWER - (Don't have to read his bit haha)

I have to say I've been really impressed with Drift on my second listen. Embarrassed to admit that I didn't think too much of it at first but I think I went in to it expecting stuff like their early output. Now I've come back to it with a fresh perspective and think it's genius (not just in concept but execution too!). Just goes to show why it's worth giving things a second chance!

I would say my favourite single is probably "Game" as I really like the longer atmospheric tracks on that one (Tree and Two Chairs; and Give Me the Room). My favourite overall track is also probably Tree and Two Chairs, although just to spice it up a bit I'll say Pinetum or Appleshine (Film Edit). I've found they seem to excel in the longer tracks - gives them more space to breathe and experiment in my opinion. I don't think I could pick a track in particular that I'd want to see live (already heard Border Country live blew me away) but would be great if they also did separate concerts where it's just ambient/experimental alongside doing their "crazy crazy crazy crazy" gigs with all the hits. What do you think?