View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 11:28 PM
Troy McClure
I'm the Spoonman

Re: 2015-06-21 Dubno Live @ The Hollywood Bowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowereye View Post
Thanks for sharing all the pics & links to reviews. Wish I could've been there; date was just not possible being Father's Day. Too bad as I have plenty of air miles - (can we try Red Rocks again please?). Hope the rumors are true about another bigger tour (& perhaps new material - Olympic games material seems eons ago). I'll admit I'd been a lil' bummed that it was not full "Dubno," but would have been happy no matter what - UW live can not be beat. I still would've caught two songs I've never heard live as of yet ('Spoonman' & 'Scribble.') Was the version of 'Spikee' the full version w/ vocals like the epic encore version from San Fran a few years back? How about 'Rez'? Long/short? Any tweeks w/ that one? One of my all time favs. I still love some of those early rare live recorded versions (esp. The Octagon '94) of 'Rez' & the version they played on the live radio broadcast years ago when Karl said, "I hear the sound of popping cans...in the dark..."
There's another thread with links for all the songs played at the Hollywood Bowl. Most are full or close to full length from various spots of the Bowl.
http://www.borndirty.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18181

Like 'jetpig' said, 'Rez' was a long version. But it had some different parts to it, a bit more drums in the middle to me. It was just Rick on stage... the screens on the sides showcased Rick well working the boards.
I hadn't heard 'Spoonman' in person either, and that was great too.

The show was remarkable. Karl's intro to 'Dirty Epic' was beautiful and touching. From my vantage point, Rick and Karl looked really pleased with lots of interaction on stage. Hope to do it again soon.

-Jason