View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 07:13 PM
Champiness
Once again the superstar

Re: New UW song tomorrow: High Contrast ft Tiësto & Underworld - The First Note Is Si
Only two minutes in, just reached the drop, but if that much is anything to go on I don't mind it as much as I expected.
My main concern is, much like Barking, that they're losing some of their own credibility as producers in this sudden wave of collaborations (though their ability certainly hasn't waned). I mean, Barking was basically an Underworld album like any other, inexplicably filtered through a bunch of other producers. It was hard to find a note on that album that didn't come from them (apart from the atrocity that was Scribbble), yet most reviews of the album chalked it up to them being lazy near (God forbid!) the end of their career and just sitting back to let Mark Knight and Paul Van Dyk do the dirty work. I doubt many people outside this little community heard the Underworld magic that lingered on Disc 2 of the box set (and even that was an incomplete picture!). It seems ridiculous to me that they would hide behind other producers like that when they haven't lost their touch. As I've said on numerous occasions (if not on here), Barking was the best remix album they ever did. Shame we never got to hear the album it was based on.

Last edited by Champiness; 09-18-2011 at 07:16 PM.