View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 04:39 PM
TheBang
Admaxistrator

Re: DRIFT Series 1 - New album, Nov 1, 2019
Appleshine (Film Edit) is mostly the same, but technically it's a couple seconds longer with a later fade out. Also, the hi-hat through much of the track has been lowered in the mix.

Molehill is the same as the EP

Threat of Rain is different from the EP only in that it fades out about 9 seconds sooner.

Brussels has received the most significant changes from Episode 2. First, that fat bassline (one of my favorite parts) has been thinned out (boo). More reverb effects have been added to Karl's vocals throughout. Starting at 2:20, there are a couple noodling synth lines that have been enhanced and brought to the fore of the mix. A new synth outro begins at 3:55 and continues through the extended ending of the song.

Soniamode (Aditya Game Version) is identical to the single released earlier.

Appleshine Continuum has been cut so that it can fit into the runtime of the final CD, but it's not just a straight cut or a fade edit. It comes in at the 13:13 mark on the original, but not all the elements are immediately present. Most notably all The Necks' tracks are suppressed and come in gradually over the next minute or two. One other change I noticed is a hi-hat which is very prominent throughout the original track has been pushed way back in the mix.

Appleshine (All the Lights) is just Appleshine with some weird Karl lyrics on it.

Roof Off - an interesting, loping track. I'll have to listen to this a few more times.

Last edited by TheBang; 11-01-2019 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Appleshine update