View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 01:27 PM
dubman
BigColor&Excited4SoupMan

Re: ATL080328 - 23 minute Born Slippy (Original)/Pearls Girl/Beautiful Burnout live j
you approach a band who make deliberate aesthetic decisions about their live show and try to get them to admit that the old days were better, you're probably not going to get an answer, and be left with their live show as it is, hoping that you understand it someday.

I don't get it either. this idea of listing your songs out on a screen instead of leaning into the visual and audio synthesis that made them so much more potent to me... "Rez" "Cowgirl" "Moaner." it all reads to me as Jeb Bush's "please clap" of dance music. "it is 'rez' time. please dance". are these song titles alone supposed to be invocations with the power to generate its own response? cut the crap and wring the dance out of us m8. but they're not coming from where I am with it. maybe there's a symbolism behind it I haven't gotten to. oh well? I still feel like it was a bit much of me to skip on their last tour for it and wish they'd swing by again.

edit: i should also be a little nicer about it

Last edited by dubman; 07-18-2019 at 07:24 PM.