View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Billy Goat
mouseman

Re: Oblivion With Bells Tour mixes
I think it will be the version they played at Amsterdam which is mixed with Nicodemus for the first half and is quite chilled out compared to the usual renditions of it and most of the other versions were similar to the studio version (the Rotterdam version was quieter than most but didn't have the Nicodemus drum beat). The Amsterdam version is the only version of Jumbo I've used on these mixes as it's pretty much the only version of Jumbo I like! I would love a studio version of Nicodemus/Jumbo to be on the Beaucoup Fish remaster. They have also played that version on a couple of the Lemonworld broadcasts but the Amsterdam live version is by far the best for me.
On my part 4 Jumbo is almost exactly as on the Amsterdam recording i.e. with Spikee coming in abruptly at the end although I had to miss off the first few "I've got brilliant timing"s to get the crowd noises to mix properly. On my parts 5,7 and 8 I've also added the last minute or so from the Rotterdam version so the following mix into Born Slippy is not messed with. (The Rotterdam Born Slippy is my favourite version of it ever; the improv at the beginning and the "You took away my empty cup" vocal sample are just awesome and enhance it!)
I hope that helps and you enjoy it!