View Single Post
Old 06-06-2018, 12:34 PM
mark3
pants

Re: Underworld Recordings
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post
i had a member with a 0.03 ratio who tried to convince me that he has helped in other ways
That's me - yes, 0.03 is really bad, but there are reasons like some of the other members have mentioned already. I have a crap connection. It's supposed to be 20/1 Mbit, but in fact it is less than that - it's more like 14/0.6 Mbit. Some of the gigs I've downloaded twice, since I had some gigs on a pc that died.
Also, to get a higher ratio there must be someone demanding those particular gigs at the time you're online. I always turn off my pc when I go to sleep. And I keep most of the gigs (and all other Underworld material) on an external HD. I guess I just don't fit into the 'tracker segment'
I never really found out how to set up a tracker. TheBang, jetpig and others on these boards have helped me setting up the tracker. I did supply the John Peel promo cd and also an old Hamburg gig, which TheBang and jetpig put on the tracker. That's what I mean with 'helping in other ways' - sharing rare stuff, etc. But in your world, ratio is all that matters. And that's cool, I really appreciate that people are making the shows available / downloadable through the tracker.
Quote:
find it hard to believe that when you have donwloaded 70 GBs and can not find the time to seed back a bit
The right time to seed back is when there is demand / requests - but I rarely check the tracker, sorry.
Quote:
anyway , i am now at 2.5 ratio , will probably seed until i reach a 5.00 ratio but we need people who download to stay and seed
Yeah, keep us updated on your ratio ... nice, smug attitude
Quote:
or maybe they are also 'giving back' by seeding close to 0.01
Or through other channels or in other ways. Who knows? You don't, obviously