View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 06:26 AM
richardacre
mouseman

Do Rick and Karl actually like each other?
So I've been bothered for a while by something I heard in a radio interview a while back where Karl was talking about Rick saying "we don't have to like each other to work together". Their Radio 6 interview the other morning seemed a bit weird too, the way Karl passed off a question for Rick to answer. An of course, while Rick was doing the Olympics Karl was off doing a solo album and hanging out with Brian Eno.

Then there's the fact that Rick said the new track is something dredged up from 2016, and it seems to me that less and less new stuff actually has Karls vocals on - apart from the odd sample, and with the exception of S.T.A.R. Did you see their body language on stage at the end of the RAH gig? They wondered around opposite ends of the stage for a bit before doing a bow together and then quickly ran off in different directions.

I'm glad that they're gigging and putting out new music, and I'll keep throwing my money at the pair, but the cynic in me thinks they're just doing Underworld for the paycheck and their hearts really aren't in it.