View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 06:49 AM
Strangelet
rico suave

Re: Important Message About Sarah Palin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
Out of interest, what do you think will be the key topics during this upcoming campaign?

I'm guessing Libya (and foreign intervention generally) could be one, what with Iraq now apparently behind us.

Employment and the deficit, obviously.

Immigrants? (that's how you tell when it's election time in Britain)

Anything else stirring the American electorate particularly?

And will we have the pleasure of hearing from Joe the Plumber?
With the quality of candidates throwing their hat in the game I've just been waiting for this guy to announce his candidacy for Republican Nomination 2012

Eye of Sauron: CHANGE YOU DAMN WELL BETTER BELIEVE IN.

The key topics will not be real topics. They will involve the suspicion around Romney's mormonism, Santorum sucking up air time blaming unemployment on homosexuality, Sarah Palin's paper thin populism "why can't we just be great americans by going back to what makes america great, wouldn't that be great, america? great." Obama's religion/nationality/communist leanings, and the decidedly insane posts some Ron Paul supporter makes on one of his community web sites. All of this will comprise about 85% of the national dialog during the election.

The real topics, when we get around to looking at them, will probably be exactly the ones you listed.

- Mark Twain