View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:57 PM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Whatcha playing right now?
Hmm this forum is not getting nearly enough love. I know there must be a lot of gamers among us here.

Well it's always fun to have a what are you listening to/reading/playing right now thread so here goes.

I'm currently playing:

Alan Wake - Just started this today as I found a limited edition on sale while on holiday for about 15 euro. Really nice, comes with soundtrack and "Alan Wake Files" book and Making-of (have not watched that yet). I was playing today with a friend and we played through the first two episodes. So far it's been really great. The atmosphere is very well done and I can't wait to see what happens next. The graphics are awesome as well, and the emphasis on lightness/darkness as a gameplay mechanic as well as a story element works really well.

Dead Space - Just found this on sale for 7,50 euro yesterday. I had been wanting to get it for a while cause it got pretty good reviews but I try to buy my games as cheap as possible I've only played half an hour or so so far, but still, it's pretty scary, although predictable at the same time. Seems pretty by the numbers but well executed nonetheless.

Shadow Complex - Actually I had played this before but kinda lost interest. Thought I'd give it another try and I find I'm enjoying it at least a bit again. It's basically Super Metroid but with a more generic future/military design, but it plays really fluidly and looks quite pretty. I like the 2d gameplay on this, which is a nice old skool change from the usual 3d stuff.

Just finished playing World in Conflict on the PC. This was another game I'd been playing before lost interest in for some reason. I picked it up again though and man am I glad I did. This is just one of the best RTS games I've played, and a big part is how well the story is told. All the voice acting is just top notch and there's some really good characters and writing that really make you care for the battles more than in any other rts. It's really more focused on action that your classic base-building, resource gathering gameplay and when the action gets going it can get really intense, especially with all the tactical firepower (artillery barrages, airstrikes, carpet bombing) at your disposal.

so...what are you playing right now, or what notable games have you played recently?

Last edited by King of Snake; 06-17-2011 at 02:59 PM.