View Single Post
Old 11-23-2018, 03:17 PM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: New Chemical Brothers album announced
Both "Setting Sun" and "Let Forever Be" certainly share the same bit of dna, but I think that 'Let Forever Be' is more of an... entry level Chems / pleasing single than 'Setting Sun'.

Like I've scared people off of the Chems by playing 'Setting Sun', whereas people who weren't aware of them really end up digging 'Let Forever Be'. (I don't mean 'entry level' as a put down)

"I'll See You There" sounds like an attempt at reaching a midpoint between those two songs, but I don't know how successful it was.

...as far as my rankings:

1 Surrender
2 Come With Us
3 Dig Your Own Hole
4 Further
5 Exit Planet Dust (Further just barely eeks out ahead of their first album)
6 Born In The Echoes
7 Push The Button
8 We Are The Night

honestly - I so lowly rate #7 & #8, that I have to double check which songs were on which album. I mean, Push the Button had "Surface to Air", but other than that... that's about it for me. I prefer the DFA mix of 'the Boxer' over the original, and 'Believe' goes on too long on the album. 'Salmon Dance' and 'Saturate' are the only songs I ever listen to off of "We Are the Night"

I almost completely stopped listening to them b/c of "We are the Night" - but then when I heard that "Further" was more like their 'Electronic Battle Weapons' it definitely piqued my interest.