View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 11:45 PM
iamneorev
pants

Re: New Chemical Brothers album announced
Quote:
Originally Posted by holden View Post
Not going to debate your ranking, and I agree with a lot if your song opinions, but as for "Let Forever Be"... let's just admit that the Brothers have been trying repeatedly to recreate the Beatles' "Tomorrow Never Knows". I feel like "I'll See you there" gets closest to the psychedelic spirit, whereas "Let Forever Be", on an adventurous album, feels like a "Setting Sun" retread, but weaker.
That's kinda funny cuz I find I'll See You There to be the weak retread. It tries hard to be like Setting Sun, but is a mess. I really don't look at Let Forever Be as trying to be anything like Setting Sun at all. The only real connective tissue is Noel Gallagher, but Let Forever Be is a whole other vibe/tone/direction. It's a much more uplifting, poppy psychedelic track. Setting Sun is more like an evil noise driven, oppressive type of tune. The complete opposite of pop/easier listening. I'll See You There is closer to Setting Sun than Let Forever Be in vibe/feeling. But I found I'll See You There to be a misfire that tries hard to recapture that old sound without any of the focus and prowess. I always wanted the Chems to bring another track in that style, but I'll See You There sadly disappointed me. Chems did a better job with that vibe on Further with tracks like Dissolve and K+D+B where as on Born In The Echoes I'll See You There felt forced and out of place.

Last edited by iamneorev; 11-21-2018 at 11:48 PM.