View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 09:55 PM
darktrain
powered by robuts

Re: Underworld @ Hollywood Bowl
mini-dirtymeet with joethelion (thank you SO much again for the tix!) and viddy. sorry if anyone else showed up at the merch table after we'd left.

struggled through paul jokenfold (who at one point played a loud noise what felt like i was being drilled in the ear). after all the warnings from the sf crowd i brought my ds to keep me occupied. best part was my friend jason asking "is she the DJ" when he took the stage

funniest thing seen: a sign at one of the cafes that said "Underworld inspired flatbread pizzas". how bbq chicken is underworld inspired i'm not quite sure.

the boys took the stage and i was a little worried because everyone in the garden boxes where we were was sitting down. also this section was filled with mostly older folks who looked as if they'd never heard uw before...after awhile it didn't matter. by the time the inflatables went up at the start of tmo nearly everyone was standing...the boys got the stuck up rich folks to get up and dance, too!

setlist:
leutin
improv(?)
crocodile
improv(?)
(the best f*cking version of) juatnita (i've ever heard)
beautiful burnout (AMAZING!)
new track/improv/might be glam bucket??? (whatever it was there was lots of guitar and was also allcaps AMAZING)
improv(?)
cowgirl
rez
improv(?)
two months off
improv(?really fast clicky thing)
mo move (with a wicked wicked drum breakdown in the middle)
small conker and a twix (i think)
nuxx
king of snake
encore: jumbo

if anyone has corrections for the above, please chime in!

after hearing about the lackluster ticket sales for red rocks, i was a bit worried we'd have a similar situation at the bowl...fortunately it was PACKED and made for a nice moment, turning around and seeing the entire place going apeshit for nuxx.

karl was more hyped than i've ever seen him and was even dancing and running when no music was playing. it looked like he would have kept going for hours if not for the strict end time at the bowl.

i was a bit bummed by the lack of more tomato visuals, but they incorporated the built-in lighting at the bowl very nicely...and of course the inflatables were very fun.

this was my 4th show and if it's not the best, it's definitely a solid number 2 (after chicago 98).
THANK YOU UNDERWORLD!!!

Last edited by darktrain; 09-09-2007 at 10:10 PM.