View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 09:39 AM
Mac Haggis
river

Re: Global Gathering Review
Anyone who had anything to do with the sound levels last night should be sacked in my opinion! The synths in Dark Train were to quiet to the point where I only knew they were being played when Karl raised his arms. And what was going on during Two Months Off?!! Seriously, the sound was terrible but then again, I went into other arenas and thought the same thing.

The set was good although as it was a festival and not their own actual gig I was pretty amazed how much new stuff was fitted in. The new Visions song was probably one of the highlights with the camera on the mic.

I agree with the comments about the concentration camp style over zealous searching policy. About 7:30, the police along with their dogs disapeared which just seemed to cause mayhem. We just ran through without showing our tickets or being searched!

Overall I thought Underworld were as good as the sound engineers let them be unfortunatly. It was also obvious that boys were still experimenting to which I fully appriciated a completly different kind gig from the last tour. I think when they do their own gigs, playing for longer, we will have some pretty amazing nights to remember.

With regards to the actual festival itself? I won't be going back next year even if Underworld were headlining again.