View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 02:22 AM
amhilde
mouseman

Re: 2016-03-17 Columbiahalle - Berlin, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by froopy seal View Post
More or less like the album version, if memory serves. Don't get me wrong, I like the song a lot as well. It's just that, as much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with skyscraper:

Yeah - and I think for me that's why the show felt like it went on a while. The idiot standing in front of me on the rail with probably the best view in the whole place didn't move once and checked his phone for the time every 10 minutes. Oh, and his email.

I know we can't go back in time, but watching/listening to some of those past shows, they really went further and there was the potential for errors on stage which - made it more real and accessible and alive. And its not just Underworld - technology has eliminated a lot of this aspect for a ton of bands, just with Darren hanging around onstage you can actually see the mouse click, it isn't hidden away in the back somewhere

I had a good time and it was worth coming out to Berlin (again) for this show and a little vacation. I didn't get to see Rick on stage with the dubno shows, so it was great to see him and Karl having so much fun up there. The intro DJ was excellent (Dave is it?) - the bf got real excited when some obscure One Dove song was dropped in (of course we have the vinyl, I was told), but it seemed like the crowd was ready to go at about 8.30.

Froopy, not sure where you were, but we had some folks barge in to the front (never cool). The show was good for the most part until about Cowgirl and then I was shoved pretty hard from behind, overreacted by throwing an elbow, turned around to tell someone off and this guy started screaming at me in German (which I don't understand and can't respond to). It was pretty ugly all around, but this lady intervened (who, I noticed, I had stood next to at the Berlin Festival show) and it was fine after that but pretty anticlimactic. I think for Roundhouse I will hang back a bit and go with the flow.