View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 01:02 AM
King of Snake
smoking on the airplane

Re: 2017-03-13/14/15 TivoliVredenburg, Utrecht, Holland
Yeah it was pretty good! Rick started playing around 19:20 from the front-of-house booth. At first quite mellow and ambient but near the end of his hour some more upbeat tracks. This was all new/reinterpreted material (heard several bits of Riverrun project in there).
Rick and Karl both seemed to be having a great time during the main show. I guess I was still hoping for more improv/mixing in the liveset, but alas, all the songs were start-stop and mostly album versions (of course there were some variations, Cowgirl has some Rez at the end, and they played the Minneapolis/Ring Road mashup). Also, the screen was again only barely used. Just the tracktitles in white text, some very grainy footage from camera's on Rick and Karl and some basic graphics during King of Snake and Jumbo. A lot of the time the screen was dark.
But great to hear Skyscraper, Kittens and a full version of Cups Sound was great and banging (though during Cups the bass was so loud it seemed to drown out most of the other sound), Karl's singing was spot-on and crowd was into it.

Last edited by King of Snake; 03-14-2017 at 01:07 AM.