View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 09:19 AM
skyscraper101
river

Re: 2015-03-06 London - Hyde and Price
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatmakesustick View Post
Okay, there is less improv at these gigs, but i don't see how much improv there can be at a 'playing album from start to finish' show. I love the improv and track mixing, too, but we have not had too much of that lately. The last was probably the Oblivion gigs, but the atmosphere and response what much better at the Apollo than the roundhouse gigs.
That's why I think the idea of playing this album track for track isn't such a hot idea. The only advantage was I knew exactly when to go to the toilets (during surfboy lol). I thought the Roundhouse gigs were actually way better. Except for the graphics and lights, which were better on this tour. But the Roundhouse had more improvisation, more variation of tracks from across the albums. More energy overall. Also the version of mmm...skyscraper they did on the second night in 08 was possibly the best version I ever heard. Rick brought it out of nowhere, and completely amped up the b-line. God I sound like a geek. Fact is, they're getting older. Karl barely danced on Friday. He sounded down about Rick not being there when he explained his absence. Darren Price was cool but he doesn't seek the limelight and seems happy enough just to do the job but not play to the crowd. He just pointed to Karl for all the applause. I can't see how they can ever return to being the band I saw back in 1996 when I was 15 and its a shame but the clocks can't be turned back and I'm just thankful I was there, then.

Last edited by skyscraper101; 03-08-2015 at 09:21 AM.