View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Re: Wishlist - Beaucoup fish deluxe boxset
Absolutely agree. I would prefer the reissues gave us just Underworld's work, skipping remixes by other people entirely, from BF onwards including this material would mean either repeating a lot of very similar mixes, or being seriously incomplete. My wishlist is:

CD1 Album Remaster
CD2 Remixes by UW (Kos Bungalow and barking, etc) and studio jams
CD3 Early versions (Xfm?) and unreleased tracks
CD4 Interestingly different live versions of the album tracks (there's a wealth of choice here - long versions of Cups pt 2, fast versions of Bruce Lee, etc.)

As for the point -1 makes, I agree 4CDs didn't give STITI the room it needed with things like Carp Dreams (Koi), the Juanita edit, Dubno felt a bit incomplete without Kiteless and the Cutting Room floor mix in physical form, and both sets would have been miles better with at least 1 complete live gig from that era.

Perhaps the reason we're not getting a lot of live/video content is that it's being stored up for a data-heavy Everything Everything Box? The Live Here Now discs show there's a demand for every live gig they make available, even if unmastered and incorrectly trimmed. Rick could stick 50 DATs on a memory stick and make us very happy!

Last edited by Lx_Nen; 12-05-2015 at 09:29 AM.