View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 03:41 AM
undarrenworld
bungalow

Re: favourite/least favourite
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
it was tough for me. personally, mother earth is one of my favourite tracks, but so is the rest of dubno- it's the perfect album. it was between surfboy and mother earth, but it definitely wasn't any of the other seven; they're all fantastic. dark and long, such an eerie opener, followed by skyscraper that slowly escalates into such a dramatic piece, that 3 minute fugue after skyscraper that sounds almost spanish, surfboy starts out simple and almost becomes mesmerising, spoonman is the same: i'm the spoonman i'm the spoonman... and tongue. amazing. one of the most underrated tracks out there. soft, acoustic, and most of all it has such an open feel to it. that's one thing that makes dubno my favourite underworld album is that it has such a rich multi-layered feel to it, incorporating outside sounds like wind and thunder, and in tongue the entire track is undercoated with the sounds of walking through a garden. it brings the music outside, into the natural world, without being at all boring or cheesy. with dubno, underworld captured the essence of nature and God perfectly, what new age music attempts to do and fails; the world is not always calm, the world is not always soothing. the world is dirty and exciting, and i'm glad God made it that way.
Beautiful written