View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 02:35 AM
Bargo
pants

Re: Edgeland: your thoughts?
I kinda like it so far, but need a few more listens. There are definitely tracks that stand out for me (Cut Clouds, The Night Slips.., Shadow Boy) that I immediately want to revisit.

It's surprisingly more cheerful than I was expecting. My only exposure prior to listening to the whole thing had been Cut Clouds, so I had rather different expectations of how it was going to sound. Not that it's a bad thing.

The additional tracks on the deluxe edition(s) kinda ruin the whole flow of the album. Sleepless is obviously meant to be an album closer and it really works well as one, but not so much when you have the up-beat Dancing on the graves.. directly afterwards.

The grammatical error of "it's" versus "its" in The Night Slips Us Underneath It's Dress is a bit embarassing given it has managed to make its way through to the official track listing on iTunes, topspin, and other stores without anybody noticing (or maybe they did and no-one cared). My digital version purchased from the UW webstore also misspells "jigsaw" as "jogsaw" in both the file name and ID3 tags. Why these things bother me I have no idea.

Last edited by Bargo; 04-29-2013 at 02:37 AM.