View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 09:34 AM
WhiteNoise
I?m good, I?m alright

Re: Underworld Recordings
Quote:
Originally Posted by proedros View Post
when i see people visiting the tracker site this last month, who have downloaded like 50GBs and have a 0.08 ratio and you pm them about helping with 3-4 shows and they don't even answer back- to me this shows that people could have helped but don't give a shit

sorry.

i will keep pming if only to break their balls , and maybe someone will take 30 seconds to answer back

cheers
95% of what I've downloaded is from laptops and machines that have died long ago, that I couldn't still seed if I wanted to, since the files themselves have changed (tags, naming, folder positions, etc).

I just don't think a torrent tracker service works for this because the demand is lower here. We're niche. A file server somewhere, like the old FTP, or a new mega account, is ideal.

I also hate torrenting because it becomes permanent the second you make the torrent available. Say you discover the name of an unreleased track, or discover a newer higher quality source, or you make new artwork for a show, you can't update that without making a new torrent. And you can't update your own local files without breaking the ability to seed (or without setting up a seedbox which many don't have the time or interest to do).