View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 08:30 AM
darkvoice
mouseman

Re: BB Reviews
- I Exhale: Too long, no real progression and no way a worthy first single. But listening to it on headphones you discover more layers to it.
- If Rah: I like this song... :-) It gets in your head and I am mumbling the tones during the day. Also starts with a break beat and progresses into a steady house beat. Like that!
- Low Burn: This is one of my favorites and the most recognizable typical UW track? Great ambient feeling, 'Kittens' kind of percussion. Nice.
- Santiago Cuatro: First part of the song makes me really happy. But then nothing really new happens and that's a bit dissapointing.
- Motorhome: Have to listen to it more. Little bit to soft. I am missing a nasty touch to it at the end (rez / cowgirl kind of progression). Would it be great to hear them make some real noise again?
- Ova Nova: Starts to grow on me. Little bit too poppy and could have been an Air song...
- Nylon Strung: Love this song, but it does not feel Underworld. It could be a radio hit if they release it with a great video. And please no fifty year old guy jumping around in this one.

This brings me to someting else: the presentation live. Underworld's focus live is more like a band nowadays and I think the focus should be more on the music / visuals. The band on stage is not very interesting: (a nerdy Rick and a chubby Darren behind the machines with a less moving Karl next to it). I'm missing tomatos input with mind blowing visuals / special effects.

But hee.. I am in Paradiso at the end of month and I will love it ;-)

Last edited by darkvoice; 03-02-2016 at 08:33 AM.