View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 09:23 AM
patrick
river

Re: "Close the internet" to save music
the whole idea of the internet is that you can't turn it off really... there is multiple redundancies so one agency is not in charge/responsible of one thing anymore.

i personally don't think that digital has ruined anything directly. i think that MTV has hurt music, and the internet has improved it. We are becoming exposed to so many smaller bands and independent labels because of the net.

agreed with kowalski about the first regression in music quality happening on the net though

radio -> vinyl -> cd(uncompressed digital) -> mp3 (compressed digital) WTF?!?! technology is getting better and we have the tech to reproduce stunning quaities but we regress instead... (this is probabably a non-existant point because to notice the difference between a good mp3 and a cd and vinyl you have to have thousands of dollars of stereo equipment or a couple hundred into headphones).

overall: elton john is a complete whiney ass-wipe, not good for anything in my opinion, and i agree with BSSat, that all these aging rockers gotta let go and make room for the new ones: lcd soundsystem, !!!/out hud, white stripes, arcade fire, etc etc