View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 09:54 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: Underworld... live?
but like... they could very easily somewhat change the set lists depending on the night

Like... going back to Depeche Mode - on their "Touring the Universe" tour - they had a pretty "set" setlist, but they'd rotate in/out songs in certain sections ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_o...(tour)#Setlist

And I feel like one of the major selling points of seeing UW live (and what they're known for) - is the "anything goes" vibe ... sure you are probably going to hear "Cowgirl" ... but it might be 14 minutes long, or it might be mixed with "Rez" ... and so on...

Instead we're slowly getting into "the Prodigy" zone, and playing the same songs as they appeared on the album, again and again...

(edit)

and I've seen UW... quite a few times, starting with the AHDO tour - right after Darren Emerson left... and while those performances were a bit 'rigid' (in comparison to previous years), they absolutely would tweak and improv things within the songs themselves... and honestly - those shows were really quite good! I mean, 'King of Snake' and 'Push Upstairs' were massive... I also remember them playing an incredible version of "Twist", where the piano didn't come in, until about a half way through

to me - the highlight was the OWB tour, where you had nice little interludes, some improv's and you genuinely didn't know what the next song would be

Last edited by joethelion; 06-17-2016 at 12:33 PM.