View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 08:20 AM
big screen satellite
Still Number 1

Re: collectors' corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark3
Here's the link It's probably a bootleg then..
mmm... it kinda looks like a V2 promo, but its hard to tell - some of the type fonts on some CD's are a bit strange, and this doesn't look like one i've seen before, but who knows...

all i know is that the Cowgirl Atomic Hooligan mix was never officially released, because AH asked me how they could get it released and I suggested that they send a copy of that and their Rez remix to JBO, which they did, (and in return they nicely sent a 2 mix acetate CD-R to me as well - )

When it was announced that they were re-releasing Born Slippy, in 2003, they were persueded not to release the Cowgirl / Rez remixes...although they did have some white labels knocked up ready to go - which is what came out...

in return they were asked to remix Born Slippy 2003, because that was already scheduled and JBO/V2 didn't want conflicting tracks out there, well thats how i understand it....and as such Cowgirl (the AH mix) was never on the JBO/V2 schedule - which is why i'm doubtful about the origin of this CD...V2 wouldn't promote a 'bootleg' track, i don't think

although - either way its a good CD to have - as a CD quality copy of the AH mixes is nice, (as is the Rez mix...)