View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 05:17 PM
aphasein
ping!

Send a message via AIM to aphasein
Re: Possible Riverrun Boxset?
Stirring this thread up again - I know we all would love a big Riverun boxset and Karl has acknowledged the need, but maybe it just needs to be simplified. Looking at the compact repackaging of Drift Series 1, I think a similar set would be easier to pull off for Riverrun (and don't think we're still getting AHDO and OwB sets at this point).

Specifically: just use what's already originally done for it, no extra tracks, no remastering, just all the items that came out for it in full CD quality and full 320 Mp3 digital. That wouldn't take extra time/money processing and it isn't really needed. Would just be the much smaller effort of assembling it all (and they self-released, so there's no rights/label concerns).
  • Paper CD wallets in compact box using the original 2-panel foldable PDF covers for each release.
  • Similar 50-page compact book of all the included B&W photos (in compact grids as there's 500+ to work with and images are probably low-res).
  • 2-pages at end of book for track list and credits, maybe 2 at start for someone to write an overview for it (minimal new things to actually create).

CD1. Lovely Broken Thing + its 5 main remixes
CD2. Pizza For Eggs + its 5 main remixes
CD3. I'm A Big Sister + 20 min Ancient Phat Farm Coat
CD4. Misterons Mix + remaining remixes

Main task is giving it a small box cover design for the series, then get it out into the world...

...after the new album cycle of course, but mentioning it now while there's a lull, knowing it would take time to ramp up. It could be given to someone else to assemble and be ready to go this time next year. We can always dream...