View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 10:18 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: prodigy - live t in the park...
so I downloaded a torrent of the album...

I didn't want to pay megabucks for an import, then discover it's a dud

well - the edits are a little "bit from column A bit from column B" as in not all of them are quality. Like, some of them are mere 'radio edits' (Their Law) but some actually add some new character (Voodoo People)

About "Back to School" well... I mean it's a great track... but I thought that three (plus) years ago when it was supposed to be on that unreleased, 'crap' album (that BGAT was going to be a warmup for) - so it's by no means whatsoever a new track. The only bit which might be new is that 'indian'-esque sample, which is a very very small portion of the track. And where's Maxim's vocals?

I'm sorry, I just can't think of a single band that's sooooo completely lazy, and to try and pass off old songs from a 'crap album' as new material. Radiohead come close, but at least they re-record the songs over time (Motion Picture Soundtrack was written back in '96 -> Kid A)

And maybe someone can explain this to me:

In Q Magazine, Liam did a track-by-track rundown of AONO, describing each of the tracks and little tidbits of info about recording them. When it came to "You'll Be Under My Wheels" he said "It's just an album filler" now... for a filler, why has the track now been released in at least THREE (maybe four - I forget) different variations? I mean, why whore out a track that you don't even like?

I just really really really hope that "Warning" gets a proper release (including that "Backstage Sluts" remix of it) ...that better be on the new album!!!

so - it's not a bad release (the greatest hits) but it still kinda pissed me off you know?