View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 10:59 AM
joethelion
needing Diet Mountain Dew

Re: Drift Ep. 1, Part 3 - Low Between Zebras
Ok after a bit of a panic (I thought I had lost the bulk of the files I referenced earlier, but then I realized - "Oh wait, they're just on my dropbox") - here's a rough list of what was available to download, at various points in time.

I would just post the videos online... but I'm not sure if it'd be "cool" to share the videos. Especially as some were done by Tomato, and some things are works-in-progress. Oh, and they're all crazy low resolution, by today's standards.

The list below is by no means complete, and doesn’t include all of the streaming-only files, like “Swing Up High” and the field recordings (and early versions of “Autotrader”) they shared on the Oblivion with Bells Tour.

Oh, and it doesn't include a list of all the Diaries and Couch Photographs, b/c that'd be insane.

In studio tracks:

Kippers
background, ambient music used in a section of Underworld's webpage, called "Kippers"
Bungalow With Stairs 001
Basically a 10 minute "highlights" edit of Rick's soundtrack, which wasn't released until several years later
Vocoder Monks
Apparently this is from 1993..?
Bit Of Rope For Web (Ref: 010101)
Also titled as: “Ref: 010101”
King of Snake (Spoken Word Version)
“An early mix from September 1997”
This is more-or-less a shorter version of ‘King Of Snake (Garage Mix A1313 Set 97b)’

Shout Twice ('Something Like a Mama' Beats)
Also titled as “File_200401”
Unruly July ("I've Been to Every Underworld Gig")
[I]This was released just after a forum discussion about how many times different people had seen UW, up to that point.
ManLoop (File_250501)
Also titled as: File_250501. It's (apparently) a live-in-studio jam, of "Thing in a Book"
Stagger (Live Jam / Longer Mix)
Also titled as: “File_010601"
Quick bit for Web ('Ansum' Early Version)
Info: File_250601 / 110501: this track later became "Ansum" a b-side used as intro music during the AHDO Tour.
If I remember correctly - “Quick Bit for the Web” originally showed up as ‘File_250601’, but it was cut short.

——
Eclipse (Leo Zero Re-Edit)
Free download via the Underworldlive.com webpage in 2011. Album labeled as "Ready 4 mastering" when I originally downloaded it.

——
Dark and Long (Dark Train Jam)
Released in 2010
——
[CanufeelD1]
Darren Price, Cool Breeze SoundSystem (Can u Feel This Bass?) – July 2007
——

Then you have stuff like the “020202” and “Phonestrap” singles, and the RiverRun series.

——

Lemonworld Jam, 2000

Oich Jam
Airtowel (live Jam)
Mmm... Skyscraper, I Love You
Mama / Nuxx

——

“Burger Van Man” gig.
1996-07-06
Torhout / Werchter Festival; Werchter, Belgium

——

Blue Mountain Jam ’99
Live performance / jam / rehearsal during the filming of “Push Upstairs” music video

——

1999.07.30 | Fuji Rock Festival, Naeba, Japan
(If I remember correctly, at least one of these songs made it onto “Everything, Everything”)

——

2005.07.06 | Underworldlive.com | Sofia, Bulgaria

…there almost certainly were a couple more shows, but I don’t think I’ve got them anymore.
——

Now… onto the videos… It’s hard to really describe them. Some seem to be ’sketches’ for later projects, some really just feel like what we’d now consider an ‘Instagram story’, others feel like finished ‘things’.

020601 (tokyo)
050701 (music bank June 01) - is an excerpt of an early version of "Mo Move" and/or "Soopher"
090701 (all the stars) - audio (spoken sample) from this later popped up in live shows, and I think a RiverRun
170701 (is that ok)
220501 she’s on that horse fantastic - this has a superfamiliar sounding 'industrial' beat, and samples of talking (like I think someone ordering food at a cafe)
Blue_White
Closewriting
FastnBlurry (a short video using “Quick bit for Web” as a soundtrack)
ItalianNightRide
Ocean_White
SlowItalianLights
Tokyocrossing
TomatoByCandle
TrainsRehearsal

Abandoned: Rusty Cars (6 videos)
This is a series of short films, some have spoken word passages, some just noise, some have music

Talking Heads (8 videos)
Tomato and Tomato-adjacent people looking into the camera and reading spoken word passages. …Like stuff that sounds like the vocal samples UW sometimes uses live or in the “RiverRun” series.

Talking Heads (2 videos)

Last edited by joethelion; 11-20-2018 at 11:10 AM.