View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 04:12 PM
holden
collateral damage

Send a message via MSN to holden
Re: The Prodigy announce new single/new album
Cheers, friend, I get you!

It's tough to be a fan of long-standing acts that go through phases of evolution, status quo, return to the safety of the expected. I've had my ebbs and troughs with all the bands you mention. Thankfully, I've found enough in their latter day output to keep Cheering!

Believe it or not, I really liked the Prodigy in the past. I wish the best for their new album. I'd given up on the Chems after Push the Button, but Further renewed my devotion. Underworlds Barking isn't my fave, but I did like the change in scope and introspection of Bbwfasf.
Orbital have come and gone a few times, so I always appreciate that they have new music. But while Blue was a safe Gambit, and Wonky was a bit of a throwback, they show sparks of new creativity. T b d. (PS loving P.h.u.k.)

Hybrid is another band I left for dead after I choose noise, as orchstral scores with some breakbeat. But Disappear Here in 2010 totally changed the playbook. I'm excited by their new album and shifting direction.

In sum, I appreciate your allegiance to a band you love. Some people on this forum will defend anything Underworld produces. But as you've seen with the latest Iggy Pop collaborations, there's a healthy debate. I wonder how it is in the Prodigy forums?

Ultimately, musical taste is subjective. I'll check out No Tourists, definitely. I hope to like what I hear, because Prodigy was one of the bands that introduced me to electronic dance genres.

Last edited by holden; 08-25-2018 at 04:14 PM.