View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 02:09 AM
amhilde
mouseman

Re: 2017-03-17 Alexandra Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jram View Post
Warming up would make sense if this gig is to be released on DVD. Those dancers won't be cheap either - lots of effort for one gig, unless it's the one you plan for everybody to see...
Was wondering about the cameras (they came by us multiple times) as some were the fancy ones that rotate on an axis to hold the shot stable (a steadycam then I guess) and there were more than the usual amount. And the dancers. And the expensive lighting/lasers. And the extra masses of equipment at the mixing desk.

I do hope that they put the Rick mix on there too because I would really liked to have sat down with that on some good headphones and blissed out rather than try to listen in the middle of a crowd.

All in all a really wonderful show and I am very happy that we went. There was a couple from Nova Scotia behind me and this was her first show, having been a fan for 20 some years. She burst into tears after the first song and I'm not sure she stopped, but I was very happy for her to have had that as her first UW experience. Definitely one of the better UW crowds Ive been in.