View Single Post
Old 10-12-2016, 08:36 AM
nelfun5
dog

Send a message via MSN to nelfun5
Re: Blue Mountain
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
You can see all the cameras recording the performance in that clip!
I'd really want to believe that, but for what I can see it seems to me only the clip was filmed that day. Here's my view:
The rushes at 1:10-1:50 and 5:35-5:48 appear at 0:40-2:05 on the final clip. They probably wanted a "live" feel to it, that's why Rick and Darren are on desk. Note that they're only performing Push Upstairs for the purpose of the clip, not any other track.
You can also spot Graham Wood on the making of at 5:19 e̷n̷d̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷h̷i̷s̷ ̷o̷p̷e̷n̷i̷n̷g̷ ̷D̷J̷ ̷s̷e̷t̷ directing and the actual filming location at 0:37 (three colorful garden tents). All of this was shot during the day, under continuous rain so quite unwelcome for an audience to attend.

On the other hand we have very few info on the actual Blue Mountain performance. The gigography refers to it as a "live jam" while Jamie states it was a "studio rehearsal" so it's hard to say if there's was an actual audience, if it happened during the day or night, on a stage or under these same tents, etc.
Karl does say at the end of Something Like A Mama: "We're just gonna take a small interlude, ladies and gentlemen, when you can recharge your glasses and refresh your underwear" which could hint to a audience presence but that's about it.
What's strange still, is that there's a glimpse of Cups (Bridge) on the making of at 5:18, exactly as we can hear it on the Blue Mountain Session... A rehearsal?

It's funny because I always listened to this recording thinking it was from a large gig similar to the ones we see on the EverythingEverything DVD but it seems like this one was way more intimate.

Last edited by nelfun5; 10-12-2016 at 08:44 AM.