View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 01:45 PM
stimpee
Administrator

Re: Underworld... live?
For those who somehow missed Underworld playing live from 2005-2009, you missed out big time. This was a golden age in retrospect. 2010-2014 was the same show over and over again. Maybe they had other things to think about or just wanted some stability in the show. We've discussed it over and over.

I've seen this band at least 60 times and believe me this is far from the worst. This tour is a massive improvement on the Barking tour and the slightly modified tour that followed it. They worked hard on this and you can tell. It is a shame they chose to again not mix it up and maybe those days are over. I really hope not but for me instead of seeing them on as many gigs as possible I now see them maybe twice max three times on a tour. They have dropped a few songs here and there and included others. Some people have missed the Faxed Invitation mix up for instance.

If you havent seen UW for a few years then you wont know that this tour actually has more visuals than we've been used to. I loved the selfie cam of the 2005-2006 tour, and the big green laser for King of Snake. But this is a nice video screen. I'm sure they will do more stuff with it in future. It looks like they have invested a lot of money on new hardware.

Keep the faith.