View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 05:26 AM
nbeazy
river

Re: 2015-03-06 London - Hyde and Price
Hey guys - This show was incredible to me, but I can understand the air of negativity. I am a fairly young American transplant studying here in London, young enough so that I would have been maybe 11? since the last time UW made it to Chicago, so obviously this was my first real chance to see the guys without traveling to Ultra or some place too far for a youngin to go.

Dubnobass has been one of the seminal electronic albums for me, one of the ones that truly sucked me in to the genre when I first heard it, so naturally this was going to be an experience for me. I, too, was sad to see Rick's absence, but all in all it was incredible. I wish I had been around for the days of Karl going nuts on stage - he was still dancing around a bit, but clearly it's catching up to him these days. Bigmouth was definitely received well by myself and the crowd - too bad some of them wanted to leave to refill during the slower tracks, but I loved them - they are just as much a part of dubnobass as any of the other tracks. The only things I was left longing for in the end was a) for them to keep going forever and b) hear them do Dark Train, especially because I know they had done it for the RFH show (I had just arrived in London the day before that show so logistically it didn't work out for me to attend).

All in all, first time underworld gig for me - I know it won't live up to the epicness it once was, but it was still epic for me!