View Single Post
Old 03-06-2015, 08:34 AM
Lx_Nen
Romford no more

Re: 2015-03-05 Bristol - Hyde and Price
To clarify, after a couple of tracks, Karl explained why "his brother" wasn't there, and it sounds like Rick just has a bit of flu rather than anything life-threatening.

Rez was indeed a bit odd as a Price solo track, it was still a crowd pleasing stormer. The arrangement was probably even closer to the vinyl version than it was at the Royal Festival Hall, but the PA was struggling to drown out the crowd noise (at least at the front of the stage) and without hearing two nights in a row, it was impossible to tell how much of the show (apart from guitar & vocals of course) is actually being 'performed' and how much is just a case of 'pressing play'... partly because Darren Price is really good at making sure the show runs smoothly and apparently effortlessly. Minneapolis and Nu Train would have had to be Price solos too, which I suspect is why they didn't get played.

The RFH gig, with it's one-off status, major technical hitch, Rick starting the wrong track, and surprises like Big Mouth and Minneapolis and (semi) unsuspected outing for Born Slippy at the end was a seriously amazing night... Bristol by comparison was only really, really good.

Anyway, here's a few gig photos from my iPhone - for the gear-heads on there, I think this is the first time for a long while I've not seen any iMacs on stage?