View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 10:05 AM
jetpig
LoveyouLoveyouLoveyou

Re: How do you go about listening?
I miss public transit for that. My last job allowed me an hour and 15 minute commute each way exclusively on bus and foot/longboard (weather permitting). Most albums and a healthy number of sets were easy to fit in that space and there's that peculiar privacy afforded on buses and trains. Now I have a 20 to 30 minute walk to work that, while I appreciate the close proximity, leaves me far fewer choices and opportunities to listen and needs me more aware of my surroundings. I get a lot fewer Peel sessions and albums in now, and I'm forced to examine specific tracks or sets of tracks alone. Can't close my eyes and float away while walking on the shoulder of the street either.

PotatoBroth: You like the beats? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews from people who either love them or hate them. Ever had any other headphones in the price range? I will say the velour of my 770s allow the most comfortable fit of a headphone I've ever experienced. Maybe try lowering the bass levels in your car? It's been a trend in the audio industry to accentuate bass and highs more