View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
GoatSucker
GoatSuckerLive.com

Re: Bungalow with Stairs album
Ordered! I really don't understand the negativity here - ok, it's £30 for an uber-limited exhibition book & CD, were all you complainers expecting something for free?

From what I remember, the CD cost around $30 at the exhibition itself, so getting a free book for not much more is great. I get the sentiment that this could be a digital download also, but that really isn't the point - this was a custom soundtrack for people that went to the exhibition in Japan.

UW said they would ship back the leftover CD's and put them in the online shop - which they've now done. There was never any hint that this would be made available digitally - and why would there? It was only ever intended for the exhibition! There seems to be this idea of having a right to every note ever recorded by R&K, which completely misses the intention behind this music.

Here's a suggestion - You could have gone to the exhibition in Japan. Too cheap for that? Well, today is your lucky day as you get to purchase the book & CD bundle. Too cheap for that? How about shutting the fuck up, then. You don't have a right to demand this in whatever format suits you.