View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 AM
potatobroth
bungalow

Re: 2010-10-06 Zepp Osaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyorai View Post
Found a site with the set lists for the shows here...looks like tonight's encore had Pearl's Girl instead of Dirty Epic. Both good songs though!

http://trafficjpn.com/underworld/news.html

I thinks big fans of UW can enjoy the show even if the set list was 100% the same. I know I would but I was only able to get tickets to Sunday's show.
I certainly wouldn't enjoy the show as much as I would if they were random setlists and I'm a big fan of Underworld. Part of the allure of their live shows was having literally no idea what was coming next. It was a fantastic live experience. Many of us have seen them 10+ times and outside of a festival setting, I don't think any of those shows were clones of a previous one.

I went to back to back shows in 2 different cities once, and 3 or 4 songs were repeated. Thats it. The rest were completely random.

The LiveHereNow shows are all pretty unique without sacrificing heavy hitters or alienating new listeners.

Fact is, this new tour of 13 songs contains 6 from the new album, is starty/stoppy, and in the exact same order. Will I enjoy the show? Probably. But I sure as shit won't be surprised nor will it rank up there with the best of them. End of an era? Blip in the road?

And to be honest, I'm more concerned with the start/stop nature of the show as the improves and bridges used to be such awesome moments. The subtle clues about what was coming next will be missed.

Last edited by potatobroth; 10-07-2010 at 08:05 AM.