View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 11:40 AM
eturnol
river

Re: Barking: The Reviews
Im sorry but I hate this album. It doesn't sound like Underworld at all. What happened to their sound? Even Oblivion had the Underworld I know and love with Crocodile and Beautiful Burnout. The whole album sounds like one of tiesto's generic trance sets. I really hope Underworld doesn't go the way of BT and so many other electronic producers, catering to the popularity of trance, and lose themselves along the way.

Underworld is my favorite band and I will always love them live, but this album makes me sick. They really shouldn't collaborate with anyone ever again. They should be the leaders in electronic music, the band that sets the bar, not following the sounds of Dubfire and Paul Van Dyk. Those guys are mainstream hacks. Underworld has dabbled in Drum n Bass before, and the results of those efforts have always been better than Scribble (Pearl's Girl, Something Like a Mama, etc).

I must say I am concerned with the direction Underworld has taken with this album. I know there are others on this board who love Underworlds understated style and interwoven melodies, complex structure, and rambling vocals. None of these are present on this album. All I hear are pop trance tunes destined for another In Search of Sunrise mix. The album is cheesy and lacks heart and I hate it.