View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 07:13 PM
the-star-samurai
never to part this sky

Re: Barking -- Some general thoughts
Ahahaha - I totally disagree about OWB being an 'atrocity' - I love it. Then again it's a 'love it or hate it' type of album, so I can understand. But totally agree about "Louisiana".

But wasn't this album meant to be like - a collaborative thing with other artists and full of songs that would sound brilliant live? In that context, the rest of the songs make perfect sense. If they meant to push their sound to a different level, then...in that light, the album would fail.

So technically...this album wasn't supposed to be like the most innovative thing ever, but just an album filled with good vibes? If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me. Yet in a way, they haven't really collaborated with other artists like this before. So in a way, that's them...experimenting...in that sense. Or maybe I'm reaching for straws there. In each album they try something new in the aspect of the process of making it. And I think Barking, in that sense, follows that trend.

And can someone tell me how "Moon In Water" involves High Contrast? Because I, as an avid listener of his, have no freaking clue WHERE his sound is through the entire song. I just hear Underworld.